Hallow (Haleghan) is recorded as a gift from King Offa to Bishop Mildred in 816AD and was prized by the monks as a health resort, providing fish, doves, rabbits, swans and produce at least until the 13th century. The Prior of Worcester obtained license to impark 60 acres of land and 40 acres of wood in 1312. The manor of Hallow at that time was without a house. The manor and park was leased by the Bishop from 1550 onwards. Queen Elizabeth 1 hunted deer in Hallow Park in 1574 on her Royal Progress.
The church, built in 1867 is the focal point of Hallow, standing on high ground on the Main Road. It replaced earlier churches located at the end of Church Lane close to the river.